Using our website
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website.
This means that you can:
- Have all website written content read aloud in a natural voice in over 40 different language options
- Set options for reading back to Speak on Hover or Speak Only Highlighted
- Customise the voice by male, female or neutral tones
- Dictate in over 100 different languages
- Use speech recognition to input text into fields on the website
- Get written translation into over 100 different languages
- Open a magnification window with levels of 50-500%
- Set the magnification window to cover the whole web page
- Mask the full screen in colours and opacity of choice
- Enable a reading ruler and customise its size, colour and opacity
- Enable a pinhole ruler and customise its size, colour and opacity
- Increase and decrease text size
- Choose from 14 different fonts
- Increase and decrease both line and letter spacing.
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
Video and audio
We caption and transcribe every video and podcast on our website.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you encounter a page that you cannot access, then please email us. We’ll provide you with an accessibility alternative.
We’ll aim to respond within seven days.
If you are not happy with how we respond to issues you have raised with us about the accessibility of our website, then contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS). The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for ensuring websites meet accessibility standards.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
- We may make use of third party resources that embed content in our website. Wherever possible we will ensure these are conformant, but this cannot always be guaranteed.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The Great Central Gazette is committed to making its website accessible, in line with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
We aim for conformance with the WCAG 2.1 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1) at level AA.
To the best of our knowledge, this website is compliant.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
Our accessibility journey is continuing. We regularly take feedback from readers about our website.
Last reviewed: 17/03/2023