Plus, traders moved from Leicester Market, Leicester Cathedral reopened its doors after two years, and Knitting Banxy struck again.
No clickbait. No pop-up ads. High-quality local journalism.
- Exclusive access to member-only articles, newsletters, and comments section
- Opportunity to participate in key decision-making and elect the board of directors
- Access to the member-only WhatsApp group
- Early registration for events.
- All benefits of Friend, plus...
- 10% discount on purchases from The Gazette shop and other local discounts
- Help keep half of all our articles free for the wider community
- Occassional back copies from other independent media publishers
- From 2024, a print edition subscription – help us design this in the meantime!
Can I buy a lifetime membership to The Gazette?
Yes, please email us at email@example.com. This currently costs £325 and is equivalent to five years of Patron membership but is for life.
Is it possible to buy a sixth-form, college or university membership?
Yes, and with a 25% discount! However, all students enrolled on membership must be 16 or over and will be individual members. For more information, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I would like to buy a gift membership. How can I do that?
Please email our team at email@example.com.
I cannot afford a membership. Can I get it free?
Yes! Most of our articles are free. Some of our members have opted to pay it forward for lower-income people. If money is tight, but you still want to join our co-operative, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can give you 12 months of free membership. No questions asked.